Wine Cork Apples!
Sipping wine poolside with friends was a great way to enjoy your summer days. Now that it’s fall use those saved wine corks and decorate your home with the perfect fall accessory. Apples!
What you need:
8 wine corks (per apple) – this includes the stem you cut, 1 cork will make 4 stems.
Red Acrylic Paint (Use Metallic paint for extra pizzazz!)
Brown Acrylic Paint
Hot Glue & Hot Glue Gun
- Place 7 corks on a flat surface in three rows. Row 1: 2 corks; row 2: 3 corks; row 3: 2 corks. Make sure the flat/undamaged end of the cork faces down.
- Glue each row set together with hot glue. Let set for a minute for the glue to set up. Then glue the three rows together
- Flip over the apple and paint the front, flat side, with red acrylic paint. You may need 2 coats. Let the paint dry completely between coats. While the apple is drying, make the stem.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, then place your stem corks in a metal colander or steamer basket and steam them over the pot of boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cork from the steamer/colander and place on a cutting board
- Use a utility knife to cut 1 cork in half lengthwise.
- Cut each half at an angle creating four pieces.
- Trim the angled end of each piece of cork to a point. And paint with brown acrylic paint. Let dry.
- Glue the stem to the top of the apple.
- Cut out a leaf shape with the green felt and attach to the stem with hot glue.
- Display the apples as part of your fall decorations!